Posted by kendra on Tuesday, November 29, 2011 at 6:33pm.
The gcf(a,b) = 495 and lcm( a,b) =31,185 Find possible values of a and b if a is divisible by 35 and b is divisible by 81.
- factors math - MathMate, Tuesday, November 29, 2011 at 8:41pm
This is a problem that requires the understanding of the relationship between LCM and GCF.
Take the example of 45 and 63:
So you see that GCF*LCM equals the products of the two numbers.
Conversely, LCM/GCF is the product of factors NOT common to both (shown in bold in the above example).
To find numbers a,b which have given LCM and GCF, divide M=LCM/GCF and distribute factors of M to the GCF, for example,
Multiplying the GCF by each of the factors gives the original numbers:
For the given case,
So multiplying the GCF each by 7 and 9 will give the numbers a and b.
- factors math - maf, Thursday, February 2, 2012 at 5:39pm
find a pair of numbers for each set of conditions.the LCM is 35.the GCF is 7.
- factors math - baraa, Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 8:55pm
What is the greatest common factor of 23, 40, and 43?
- factors math - lulwa, Saturday, December 8, 2012 at 6:53am
find a pair of numbers that matches the descripion . the LCM of two numbers is 42 and their sum is 20
Answer this Question
- math - The gcf(a,b)=495 and cm(a,b)=31,185 Find possible values of a and b if a ...
- Math - Find the LCM and GCF of the following numbers: 1) 2016 and 756 2) 10140 ...
- Math - The question is this: You know that a number is divisible by 6 if it is ...
- math - How do the ideas of divisibility and multiples relate to the study of ...
- 5th grade math - what is the least common multiple The least common multiple is ...
- Math - Divisibility and Factors - If c and d are integers, d is divisible by 30...
- math - The following conjectures were made by students. Are they true or false? ...
- math - is 504 divisible by 2,4,6,8 is 111 divisible by 3,9 is 3,217 divisible by...
- Math PLEASE HELP!!! - Which of the following is false? a. A number that is ...
- Math - Which of the following is false? a. A number that is divisible by 3 and ...