Posted by katie on Tuesday, November 29, 2011 at 5:12pm.
For the following expression, find the value of y that corresponds to each value of x, then write your results as ordered pairs (x,y).
y=7cos(x-pi/6) for x=pi/6, pi/3, 2pi/3, pi, 7pi/6
- trig - Reiny, Tuesday, November 29, 2011 at 5:17pm
I will do the first one, you do the others.
Let me know what you get.
y = 7cos(x-π/6) , for x = π/6
= 7cos(π/6 - π/6)
= 7cos 0
= 7(1) = 7
one more... if x = 2π/3
y = 7cos(2π/3 - π/6)
= 7cos (π/2)
= 7(0) = 0
- trig - katie, Tuesday, November 29, 2011 at 5:28pm
i didn't realize it was just plugging in! thanks! i just need to figure out how to subtract fractions with pi in them now
- trig - katie, Tuesday, November 29, 2011 at 5:37pm
pi/3 is 7 square root 3/ 2 pi is - 7 square root 3 / 2 and 7pi/6 is -7
- trig - Reiny, Tuesday, November 29, 2011 at 5:46pm
I don't like the way you wrote those answers
Be mathematically correct, ..... e.g.
if x = π/3
y = 7cos(π/3 - π/6)
= 7 cos (π/6)
= 7(√3/2) = 7√3/2
if x = 7π/6
y = 7cos(7π/6 - π/6)
= 7cos π
= 7(-1) = -7
A statement such as "π/3 is 7√3/2" makes no sense
Answer this Question
- trig - Write the expression as the sine, cosine, or tangent of a double angle. ...
- math - I am having to find the value of y for the given values of x. I ...
- Math homework help - Check out the polar coordinate pairs that label the same ...
- trig - Solve the equation for cos theta-tan theta=0 for greater than or egual to...
- Math help - Which of the following statements is NOT true regarding an ...
- Math - 5. Which of the following statements is NOT true regarding an expression ...
- Calculus - Hello. I have a few questions from my study guide, that I need to ...
- Pre-Calc - I am really struggling with how to do these problems, I posted them a...
- Pre-Calc - 1) Use an Addition or Subtraction Formula to write the expression as ...
- math - Eliminate the parameter (What does that mean?) and write a rectangular ...