Posted by rachel on Sunday, November 27, 2011 at 6:00pm.
you operate a tour service that offers the following rates: (1) $200 per person if 50 people (the minimum number to book the tour) go on the tour. (2) for each additional person, up to the maximum of 80 people total, everyones charge is reduced by $2. it costs you $6000 (a fixed cost) plus 32 per person to conduct the tour. how many people does it take to maximize your profit? (hint: you will need to understand the words revenue, cost, and profit.)
- calculus - michael, Sunday, November 27, 2011 at 11:31pm
My applied calculus is a little rusty but I think I figured it out.
let x=# of people over 50 that attend
your revenue function would be:
Profit function (subtract the two):
Set equal to zero and solve
But remember we let x equal to number of attendees over 50, so we have to add it to get our total number of people
67 people will maximize your profit
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 12th grade calculus - your operate a tour service that offers the following rate...
- Math - Suppose you own a tour bus and you book groups of 20 to 70 people for a ...
- maeh - 228 people have registered for a sightseeing tour of the Grand Canyon . ...
- Math - A ferry boat holds 800 people. There are 260 people already on the boat. ...
- math - 228 have registered for a sightseeing at the grand canyon. if a tour ...
- Calculus - A travel agency currently has 80plp signed up a tour. The price of a ...
- PRE-CALC - Roland's Boat Tours sells deluxe and economy seats for each tour it ...
- math - 228 people have registered for a sightseeing at the grand canyon. if a ...
- Maths - Eight full buses of tourists are on a tour of tourist spots. Each bus ...
- Business Statistics - 12 out 20 finished the PGA tour - representatives of the ...