In my examination, I come across following one word substitutes. I know some of the answers which I have written below. please help me to write other answers.
1. accept as heir (adopt)
2. ability to endure
3. able to live bothe on land and in water(amphibian)
4. approved by all
5. able to know what is advantageous
6. a man is not seen before(stranger)
7. art of handwriting(calligraphy)
8. conventional rules of personal behaviour in society.
9. convert into cash
10. conversation between two or more persons(dialogue)
I wrote the some of the answers in the bracket, please help me for remaining.
English - Writeacher, Sunday, November 27, 2011 at 6:51am
For 2 - perseverance, persistence, pertinacious, relentlessness, tenacious, and many others. Use thesaurus.com to find these kinds of things.
For 4 - http://thesaurus.com/browse/approval
For 5 - http://thesaurus.com/browse/discerning
For 8 - (there are many) http://thesaurus.com/browse/decorum
For 9 - http://thesaurus.com/browse/liquidate