Posted by fsfsfsfss on Saturday, November 26, 2011 at 6:29pm.
Determine if the graph of the rational function has a slant asymptote. If it does, find the equation of the slant asymptote.
- calculus - Damon, Saturday, November 26, 2011 at 6:42pm
As x gets very large in magnitude this looks like
or in other words 2x
line with slope of 2
y = 2x
- calculus - Damon, Saturday, November 26, 2011 at 7:45pm
Oh, when x = 0
y = 24/5
y = 2 x + 24/5
- calculus - Reiny, Saturday, November 26, 2011 at 8:16pm
So a long division to get
(2x^3 + 18x^2 + 47x + 24)/ (x^2 + 6x + 5) = 2x + 6 + (x-6)/(x^2+6x+5)
so as x get larger, (x-6)/(x^2+6x+5)
and we are left with
y = 2x + 6
So the slant asymptote is y = 2x + 6
Answer this Question
- algebra - find the slant asymptote of the graph of the rational function and use...
- pre-cal - what is the slant asymptote of the graph of the rational function and ...
- Calculus - Which of these rational functions has a ) horizontal asymptote? a ...
- pre calculus - use the seven step method to graph the following rational ...
- calculus - f(x) = (9x^3 - 1x^2 + 8x + 4)/(-2x^2 - 4x - 2) What is the smallest ...
- Math - Write a rational function satisfying the following criteria. vertical ...
- Trigonometry - F(X) = 2x^3-5x^2-19x+1 / x^2-9....I need the vertical asymptote, ...
- Algebra - Graph and label the following two functions: f(x)=(x^2+7x+12)/(x+4) g(...
- Pre Cal. - Determine the slant asympotte [sic] for f (x) = (x^2 - 5x - 3)/x My ...
- College Algebra - 3x-1/x^2-10x+26 Find all (real) zeros of the function Find all...