Posted by Monique on Saturday, November 26, 2011 at 11:38am.
A radioactive sample contains 2.45g of an isotope wiht a half life of 3.8 days. How much of the isotope in grams remains after 11.4 days?
- chemistry - DrBob222, Saturday, November 26, 2011 at 12:58pm
k = 0.693/t1/2
Solve for t1/2 and substitute into the equation below.
ln(No/N) = kt
No = starting grams = 2.45 g
N = ending amount. Solve for this.
k = from above calculation.
t = 11.5 days.
- chemistry - Anonymous, Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 6:03am
- chemistry - saviour, Thursday, July 28, 2016 at 6:05am
100g of radioactive mass has a half life of 5days.calculate the mass decayed off aafter 15days
- chemistry - saviour, Thursday, July 28, 2016 at 6:08am
100g of radioactive mass has a half life of 5days.calculate the mass decayed off aaftGood day sir, My Name is Oyindamola from Enterprise ware Technologies(Mr Seun Aina-Scott’s Company)
Please be reminded that your Microsoft Office Account is due to expire on the 22nd August,2016
It has to be renewed so as to prevent the account from being suspended sir
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - A radioactive sample contains 2.45 g of an isotope with a half-life...
- Pre-Calc - A radioactive isotope has a half life of 8.1 days. If the sample ...
- Physics 30 - The activity of a sample of a radioactive isotope is 1800Bq. If ...
- chemistry - How do you find the half-life of an element? Please explain and show...
- Chemistry - Iodine 131 is a radioactive isotope. After 4.00 days, 70.8% of a ...
- chemistry - A radioactive isotope of radium (Ra-226) has a half-live of 1620 ...
- chemistry - The radioactive isotope, phosphorus-32, has a half-life of 14.26 ...
- Algebra - Two different radioactive isotopes decay to 10% of their respective ...
- chemistry - isotope chromium -51 has a half life of 28 days. If the original ...
- algebra - the isotope has a very short life of 13 half-life days. estimate the ...