Posted by Sequence and series on Saturday, November 26, 2011 at 9:20am.
The 4th term of an A.P.is 37 and the 6th term is 12 more than the 4th term.find the 1st and the 7th term of the sequence.
- Core mathematics - Reiny, Saturday, November 26, 2011 at 9:44am
4th term is 37 ---> a + 3d = 37
6th term is 12 more than 4th term ---> a+5d = a+3d + 12
2d = 12
d = 6
then in a+3d = 37
a + 18 = 37
a = 19
first term is 19
7th term = a+6d = 127
19 25 31 37 43 49
is 4th term 37 ? yes
is 6th term 12 more than 4th? yes
- Core mathematics - angel, Saturday, November 26, 2011 at 9:44am
1 = 6.16 and 7= 43.12
- Core mathematics - angel, Saturday, November 26, 2011 at 9:45am
- Core mathematics - angel, Saturday, November 26, 2011 at 9:47am
Reiny can u answer my other question please it is the latest one about the charity swim
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Name School Team Event 3: Logic and Reasoning (with calculators) 5th/6th ...
- math - if 4th term of an arithmetic progression is 3 times the 1st term nd 7th ...
- math - the 3rd term of a geometric progression is nine times the 1st term.if the...
- math - The 3rd term of a geometric progression is nine times the 1st term.if the...
- Math - Find the 10th term of a nonconstant arithmetic sequence whose 1st term is...
- Sj - Mathematics......Under number patterns-Geometric series If a question goes....
- Dr.tsegay - The 3rd term of arthmetic sequence is 3/4th of 6th term.and their ...
- mathematics - THE 1ST, 3RD AND 9TH TERM OF A LINEAR SEQUENCE A.P ARE THE 1ST ...
- math - The 8th term of ap is 5time the 3rd term, while the 7th term is greater ...
- arithmetic - The 8th term of an A P is 5times the third term while the 7th term ...