Posted by Anonymous on Thursday, November 24, 2011 at 12:36pm.
We could have ------ lunch with them
I choose had ate. Ami I right.
- Sentence - Writeacher, Thursday, November 24, 2011 at 12:44pm
Here are the principal parts of this verb and how each is to be used correctly:
eat - present tense; add -s for 3rd person singular uses; use with helping verbs for different tenses (could, will, etc.)
ate - simple past tense; use alone for finished past actions; no endings; no helping verbs
eaten - past participle; use alone as an adjective; use with helping verbs for various tenses (have, had, will have, etc.)
- Sentence - Anonymous, Thursday, November 24, 2011 at 12:49pm
okay thank you
according to the rule
eaten is the right option?
- Sentence - Writeacher, Thursday, November 24, 2011 at 12:53pm
- Sentence - Sara, Saturday, November 7, 2015 at 11:40pm
It is always ___ who pays the bill.
would it be me?
- Sentence - Dee, Thursday, December 3, 2015 at 5:24am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - We could have _____ lunch with them. Which of the following options ...
- English - Using the correct form of (eat, ate, sit, set) 1.Someone (eat) all the...
- Language Art - which sentence uses the verb eat in the past perfect tense? A) ...
- math - 4 friends order their own personal pan pizzas. No one could finish but ...
- writing skills - 6. Which of these is a run-on sentence? A. You and I and the ...
- WRITING SKILLS PART 1 - Which of these is a run-on sentence? A. I thought about ...
- English - 1. I ate little food on my lunch plate. 2. I ate a little food on my ...
- English - How do you know if your sentence is a run on example... 1 I went home ...
- math - When 6-year old Melanie arrived home from school, she was the first to ...
- Math - WE HAD TWO PIZZAS JIM ATE 3 SLICES OF ONE AND KATE ATE 1/4 OF THE OTHER ...