Posted by Kari on Thursday, November 24, 2011 at 1:55am.
Hi this is a dimensional analysis problem,I want to solve for x.
I really don't know what to do.
Math (Dimensional Analysis) - Reiny, Thursday, November 24, 2011 at 11:27am
This is very effective online webpage.
I simply entered the equation in the form
300x^2 -16.667x^3-7200 = 0
It gave my 3 real answers and the corresponding gram of
f(x) = 300x^2 -16.667x^3-7200
Math (Dimensional Analysis) - drwls, Thursday, November 24, 2011 at 4:22pm
Let the 16.667 be treated at 16 2/3. Then
900 x^2 -50 x^3 -21600 = 0
One root of that equation is exactly x = 6. Call it a lucky guess.
Divide the cubic by (x-6) to get an easily solved quadratic, for the other two roots. It can be reduced to
x^2 -120 x -72 = 0
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Hi this is a dimensional analysis problem,I want to solve for x. 300x^2 -...
- math - There are two machines that produce aluminum cans. The newer machine can ...
- chemistry - How do I solve this question using dimensional analysis? An auto ...
- Chemistry - I am studying dimensional analysis right now, and I get most of it, ...
- chemistry - How would this problem be worked using dimensional analysis? Answer ...
- Algebra - Use P= -7200+300x-2x^2 p= profit x- selling price question: Determine ...
- Conversions! - 1. The price of gold is 200 dollars/oz. How much did 1 g of gold ...
- Pre-Algebra - Can someone show me how to solve this problem step by step?Here is...
- Pre-Algebra Checkk - 1. Convert the rate using dimensional analysis. 30 miles/...
- Pre-Algebra - Can anyone show me step by step how to solve this problem? 26cm/s...