Posted by siinna on Tuesday, November 22, 2011 at 2:24pm.
i'm stuck on this one whats the answer?
7. Which European colonial power took control of Malaya and built the port at Singapore?
D. The United Kingdom
world geography - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, November 22, 2011 at 2:26pm
world geography - siinna, Tuesday, November 22, 2011 at 2:33pm
so the answer is C.???
i don't understand wiki.
world geography - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, November 22, 2011 at 3:02pm
No, it's not C.
This is from the History section of the above article.
" After this, there was no significant settlement or port at Singapore until 1819 when Sir Stamford Raffles, excited by the deep and sheltered waters in Keppel Harbour, established for Britain a new settlement and international port on the island."
world geography - Helping muslim, Monday, January 16, 2017 at 10:07pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Geography (Ms.Sue ) Help - Which European colonial power took control of Malaya ...
- History - Which European colonial power settled the farthest north on the ...
- Social Studies - Which was the most important source of wealth the French ...
- 7th grade social studies help quick please - 1. Who invented the caravel, or the...
- U.S/history AP - ---------1494- made pope to keep his 2 main Catholic countries,...
- AP European History - I have to write an essay and the instructions are Analyze ...
- Geography (Ms. Sue) - Which countries besides Spain sent settlers to South ...
- geography - which of the following statements is true of Singapore a. Singapore'...
- Geography (Ms. Sue) - Where are each of these countries (Germany, France, Italy...
- worl geography - The governments of Norway, Sweden, the Netherlands, and the ...