Posted by Maura on Monday, November 21, 2011 at 4:32pm.
O.k. I'm 42 trying to help my nephew with algebra and lets just say it's been awhile....
Total money $ 101.25
45 more dimes than nickels
3 times as many quarters as dimes.
How many nickels, dimes & quarters?
- algebra - Damon, Monday, November 21, 2011 at 5:02pm
d = (n + 45)
q = 3 d so q = 3(n+45)
5 n + 10 d + 25 q = 10125
n + 2 d + 5 q = 2025
n + 2 (n+45) + 15 (n+45) = 2025
n + 17(n+45) = 2025
18 n + 765 = 2025
18 n - 1260
n = 70 nickels
you can get the rest now
- algebra - Maura, Monday, November 21, 2011 at 5:24pm
Got it. Man that felt good to actually solve a problem after all these years.
- algebra - Damon, Monday, November 21, 2011 at 6:46pm
Hey, at least you are not 74 and trying to help :)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra (Mrs.Sue) thank you :) - Sal keeps quarters,nickels, and dimes in a jar...
- algebra - Jim has some nickels, dimes and quarters worth $5.30. There are five ...
- algebra - Mary has $4.00 in nickels, dimes, and quarters. If she has twice as ...
- algebra - A family has a coin jar that is now full. The children count the ...
- Math - A candy machine contains 5 times the number of nickels in dimes and is ...
- algebra - a jar contains $8.75 in nickels, dimes and quarters. There are two ...
- math - Sal keeps quarters, nickels, and dimes in his change jar. He has a total ...
- MATH - a purse contains $1.35 in quarters nickels and dimes There are 3 times as...
- math - In Ethan’s piggybank there are nickels, dimes and quarters. There are 3 ...
- math - Sarah has a collection of nickels, dimes, and quarters worth $9.25. She ...