posted by Henry2 on .
I need to give example of these verbs when followed by the gerund or the infinitive. I hope you can help me.
1) She missed being run over by a lorry.
She excepted ... (I can't find a good example)
2) She failed to answer all the questions.
3) She tends to forget things.
She took part in answering the questions.
4) She interfered with Brian's speaking about the accident (I can't find an example).
5) The result depends on answering (??) all the questions.
2 - 5 are all fine.
1 seems strange. Do you mean she was not hit by the lorry?