Posted by Yuli on Monday, November 21, 2011 at 4:44am.
given sinθ=-5/13 and π<θ<3π/2 find
can some1 please help me with this?
mathematics - Steve, Monday, November 21, 2011 at 5:13am
Let's go through this again.
θ is in the 3rd quadrant, so x and y are both negative, and the hypotenuse h = 13
sinθ = -5/13
cosθ = -12/13
Use these values in your half-angle and double-angle and sum/difference formulas.
sin 2θ = 2 sinθ cosθ = 2(-5/13)(-12/13) = 120/169
cos(θ-4π/3) = cosθ cos4π/3 + sinθ sin4π/3
= (-12/13)(-1/2) + (-5/13)(-√3/2)
= 12/26 + 5√3/26
sin θ/2 = √((1-cosθ)/2)
= √((1 + 12/13)/2)
Use this same method for all your other similar problems.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- trigonometry - given tanθ= -2√10/3 and π/2<θ< π ...
- math - given sinθ=-5/13 and π<θ<3π/2 find sin2θ ...
- Math - Calculus - The identity below is significant because it relates 3 ...
- Precalc/Trig - Sorry there are quite a few problems, but I just need to know if ...
- trig - cosθ =5/13 with -π/2 < θ <0 find each of the ...
- trigonometry - if cosθ=2/3 and tanθ<0 find the exact value sin(...
- math - if cosθ=2/3 and tanθ<0 find the exact value sin(θ-5...
- trigonometry - tanθ= -2sqrt10/3 and π/2<θ< π find a. ...
- TRIGONOMETRY - Can you check my work, please? This is for a trig study guide for...
- mathematics - given tanθ= -2√10/3 and π/2<θ< π ...