Posted by Anonymous on Monday, November 21, 2011 at 12:32am.
i measured out 2 different tared mass of TUMS sample. One is 0.1554g and the other 0.1546g.
Then i did two titrations with the conclusion of one being 17.91mL of NaOH and the other 17.47mL
my question is: "if you consumed two 1.00g tablets of TUMS, how many moles of acid would be neutralized"??
this is a back titration of standardized HCl with Sodium Hydroxide solution
College Chemistry - DrBob222, Monday, November 21, 2011 at 1:07am
You didn't provide the volume or M of the HCl and you must have that to answer this question.
You added an excess of HCl. How much HCl did you add? moles HCl = M x L = ?
Then you back titrated with NaOH. mols NaOH = M x L = ?
The difference in moles = moles of acid consumed by the TUMS. I would calculate each titration separately and divide the final result of each by the mass of the original sample which should give you moles H^+/grams and that times 2 will give moles/2 grams.
College Chemistry - Anonymous, Monday, November 21, 2011 at 2:34am
the volume and M of HCl is 0.1312M and 150mL
how do i find then excess of HCl
College Chemistry - Kevin, Wednesday, November 30, 2011 at 10:52pm
What volume of 0.1125 M K2Cr2O7 would be required to oxidize 48.16 mL of 0.1006 M Na2SO3 in acidic solution? The products include Cr3+ and SO42- ions.
College Chemistry - FDA, Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 11:29am
College Chemistry - Raymond, Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 11:49am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- mc questions - Question # 1-What is the magnitude of the momentum of a particle ...
- Chemistry - I am doing a lab online and have no clue on how to get started with ...
- chemistry - QUESTION 4 Data Set 3: 47.65 mL of a standard 0.1000 mol L–1 HCl ...
- College-Chemistry - NaOH(s)+ H2SO4(aq)=Na2SO4(aq) + H2O(l) Consider the ...
- chemistry - A TUMS tablet was dissolved in 110.00 ml of 0.1022 M HCl and ...
- Chemistry - Determine the mass of CaCO3 in your TUMS tablet? The weight of the ...
- Language Arts - How are the speakers in the two poems different? A. One is ...
- Science - Imagine Two Artificial Satellites Orbiting Earth At The Same Distance...
- Physics - Another Question - "Two girls, one of mass 40kg and the other of mass ...
- Chemistry - One other question that I cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong is ...