Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, November 20, 2011 at 12:57pm.
Components of Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis
1.Explain the components of cost-volume-profit analysis.
2.What does each of the components mean?
3.What happens to contribution margin per unit when unit selling prices increase? Illustrate your explanation with an example from a fictitious company of how an increase in unit selling prices might affect contribution margin.
4.When fixed costs decrease, what does this do for sales? Illustrate your explanation with an example from a fictitious company.
5.Define contribution ratios.
6.What happens to contribution ratios as one of the components changes
- accounting - SraJMcGin, Sunday, November 20, 2011 at 2:26pm
Try some of the following links for information and ideas:
- accounting - renos, Monday, November 21, 2011 at 2:59pm
Question 3: when unit selling price increases and assuming that the other variable remain constant, then the contribution margin increases.See the example,
selling price $10
V Manufacturing costs $4
V marketing costs 1
Contribution margin 5
Now assume that you increase the price from $10 to $20. the Cost of Goods sold remains the same (5) as a result the Contibution Margin will increase from %5 to $15.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Accounting - Explain the components of cost-volume-profit analysis . What does ...
- accounting - Cost-Volume-profit (CVP) analysis is based entirely on unit costs. ...
- accounting - Cost-volume-profit (CVP) analysis is based entirely on unit costs...
- accounting - Your CEO has limited knowledge of management accounting but of ...
- Accounting - Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis and Decision-Making In order to recover...
- accounting - quarter sales revenue profit/(loss) 1 400 (280) 2 1200 360 3 1600 ...
- Marketing - Explain why fixed and variable costs per unit decline as sales ...
- Accounting 5 - Bethany Link delivers parts for several local auto parts stores. ...
- accounting - Required a. Determine the gross profit margin for each product ...
- Accounting - Spencer Company manufactures and sells three products. Relevant per...