Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, November 20, 2011 at 12:11am.
11. Which sentence below contains a correctly used modifier in italics?
A. He spoke sharply to his sister.
B. I feel goodly now that I'm over the flu.
C. Joe looked sad at his broken bike.
D. The sauce tasted bitterly, and I couldn't swallow it.
12. Which of the following sentences contains an italicized word that's used as a predicate adjective?
A. Jerry looks disdainfully at the pile of laundry.
B. Jerry looks ill today.
C. Jerry looks into the microscope.
D. Jerry looks at the map.
13. Choose the sentence which contains an indirect object.
A. It is difficult to save money.
B. I spent it immediately.
C. They gave me a bonus.
D. I worked hard each day
14. Choose the sentence in which the verb has a direct object.
A. She is insecure.
B. They won the game.
C. George was furious.
D. I walked away.
15. Choose the simple predicate in the following sentence.
The men finished the game in a short time.
16. Which one of the following is a correct spelling of a plural noun?
17. Which of the following italicized words is correctly capitalized?
A. Mount mckinley is the tallest mountain in North America.
B. The most beautiful State is Hawaii.
C. Jim must drive to the North to study the northern lights.
D. Marsha speaks excellent german.
18. In which sentence are the conjunctions used correctly?
A. The top award was given to neither Steve or Jim.
B. Mary enjoyed neither roller skating or ice skating.
C. Either Fred nor John knew about the accident.
D. Neither beauty nor popularity was considered in the contest
19. Select the sentence in which the verb correctly agrees with the subject.
A. Peggy and Phyllis drives me to Florida every winter.
B. A copy of Moby Dick and several magazines has disappeared from my room.
C. Les and Miranda is late for work today.
D. Not only the muffler but also the spark plugs need to be replaced.
20. What is the simple subject of the following sentence?
During the night, the frightened child called for his mother and father.
Is this correct?
- Pratical English - Writeacher, Sunday, November 20, 2011 at 7:42am
No one here can tell what words are italicized. Please re-post and do TWO things:
1. Put the italicized word in CAPITAL LETTERS.
2. Put your answers with each question, not in a list at the bottom. Indicate which choice is your answer by putting an X by the letter or at the end of that choice.
Repost when you're ready.
- Pratical English - Ashh, Monday, April 1, 2013 at 10:32pm
Or, you could be a smart teacher and figure which word is suppose to be Italicized. AND, let him or her put their answers where they want to, damn. This is worse than actual school.
Answer this Question
- English - 12. Which sentence below contains a correctly used modifier in ...
- english - 9. Which sentence below contains a correctly used modifier in italics...
- English - Which sentence below contains a correctly used modifier? a) He spoke "...
- english - Which sentence below contains a correctly used modifier in italics? A...
- WORD USAGE - 1. What is the indirect object in the following sentence? For her ...
- ENGLISH - WHICH SENTENCE CORRECTLY USED MODIFER 1. HE SPOKE SHARPLY TO HIS ...
- english - Does this sentence sound right with a correct use of a modifier. I ...
- English - 1. Select the sentence in which all pronouns are used correctly. A. ...
- English - Can you please check my answers? Any questions involing italicized ...
- English 101 - Sports fans may disagree about whether going to baseball games or ...