Posted by anonymous on Saturday, November 19, 2011 at 9:59am.
study the Crack is Wack mural.( u can google it)
Then, write a 500-word paper using the following guidelines.
In the first part of your paper, use the art history operations to assess Crack is Wack as an artwork. Address the location of the piece (a handball court) as part of your judgment of the painting’s success.
In the second part of your paper, use art criticism and art historical methods to compare Crack is Wack to a Rivera mural like the one at the beginning of this section. How do both works address socio-political issues? How are they alike? How are they different?
Please help?! I can't get this question :(
- fine art - Writeacher, Saturday, November 19, 2011 at 12:21pm
With long assignments like this, you have to take the directions apart and make sure you follow ALL PARTS.
"use the art history operations to assess Crack is Wack" = We don't have access to these, but you do. Use what you have been taught in order to analyze/assess this mural.
"Address the location of the piece (a handball court) as part of your judgment of the painting’s success."
"use art criticism and art historical methods to compare Crack is Wack to a Rivera mural..."
"How do both works address socio-political issues?"
"How are they alike? How are they different?"
Write up your assignment in pieces; then once you have all the pieces, work on tying them together smoothly into one paper.
You may get some ideas from some links here, too:
- fine art - SraJMcGin, Saturday, November 19, 2011 at 12:23pm
First of all, you might check some of the following links on the mural:
Since we do not have access to your text, program, etc. we don't know which Diego Rivera mural you see. If you ask specific questions, it will be easier for us to help you.
For example, what have you learned about art history, art criticism, art historicxal methods, socio-political issues, etc.
- fine art - anonymous, Sunday, November 20, 2011 at 12:58am
if u just google "crack is whack keith haring"
the first link of the 'Haring foundation' is the link to the mural
- fine art - anonymous, Sunday, November 20, 2011 at 1:15am
I can write about any of the Diego Rivera WPA murals
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- art - What role did art play in the religious conflict of the sixteenth-century...
- Junior high: art paper help needed - I have to write an art paper and its about ...
- Art History - I have to write a research paper on my field trip to the ...
- art history - Imagine that you are a prehistoric artist and write a 350 to 500 ...
- Art - Hi. I have to do a 8-paged paper on Egyptian art. I was wondering if ...
- Intro to art history - I have to write a paper comparing two art sculptures. I ...
- Ethics - Write a 400- to 600 -word personal reaction paper using the same ...
- art history - I have to write a long paper comparing two works of art from ...
- art history - without useing a museum art become a investigative journalist ...
- Fine Art 7 - Is college of fine art Illinois state university and art institute...