Posted by Anonymous on Thursday, November 17, 2011 at 3:17pm.
Which of the following are characteristic of the growth of realism?
An embracing of the ideals but not the methodology of later romanticism, a focus upon the lower classes, and a "slice of life" approach
A reaction against romanticism, a reaction against the changing scientific attitudes of the time (particularly Darwinism), and a focus upon the details of documentary history.
A reaction against romanticism, an interest in scientific method, the systematizing of the study of documentary history, and the influence of rational philosophy
The influence of rational philosophy, the embracing of the methodology but not the ideals of romanticism, and a systematization of the study of documentary history.
Which of the following best describes the relationship between realism and naturalism?
Many argue that there really is no real difference, largely because of the differing definitions. Naturalism may be more interested in the lower classes, and it tends to have a more direct philosophic position.
Realism tends to focus on the "real" events in the lives of people, while naturalism tends to deal with people and their experiences in the natural world.
Realism is an evolution from the earlier naturalism, and it is simply a more extreme focus on real world experiences.
Realism and naturalism are very similar, except that Realism still embraced the ideals of romanticism, while naturalism rejected them.
- English - Writeacher, Thursday, November 17, 2011 at 3:20pm
I agree with your first answer, but not the second.
Please read through several explanations in each of these and then let us know what you decide.
- English - Anonymous, Thursday, November 17, 2011 at 4:19pm
Would it be C?
- English - Writeacher, Thursday, November 17, 2011 at 4:20pm
Yes, I agree with C for the 2nd question.
- English - Anonymous, Thursday, November 17, 2011 at 4:26pm
Great! Thanks for your help!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Realism differs from Romanticism in that realism: A. focuses on ...
- Can someone check these answers... - 1. Which of the following events caused ...
- English - What genre is "The White Heron"? literary realism romanticism ...
- Lit - Realism differs from Romanticism in that realism: B)portrays life as it is...
- English(check my answer please(:) - 1. Which of the following events caused ...
- english - does anyone know the movie the dead poet society? I chose a character ...
- literature - Is Pride and Prejudice identified more with Romanticism or Realism...
- English - Mark Twain used the characters his novel "Adventures of Huckleberry ...
- English - I have two questions for english that I honestly don't know… I put ...
- english - Which literary movement consists of honest and open descriptions the ...