Posted by Betty on Wednesday, November 16, 2011 at 1:29pm.
Name the complexes:
Write the formula for each of the following coordination compounds.
Diamminetetrahydroxochromte (II) ion
Bisethylenediaminediiodomanganese (IV) ion
I think the name for the first one is oxolatetrichlorovandiumate (IV) ion
The second one is? How do you know which ligand to name first?
The first one for the other is [Cr(NH3)2(OH)4]2-
Chemistry - DrBob222, Wednesday, November 16, 2011 at 2:46pm
Ligands are named in alphabetical order except where the di/tri/ etc designates substitution on the ligand (not the number used in the coordination sphere). So for the first one, chloro comes before oxalato and trichlor does not change the order. I would name that one
I would name the second one as
I would write the next two as
All the rules have changed since I was in school so check these out carefully.
Chemistry - Anton, Thursday, November 17, 2011 at 2:33am
14A w/ Lavelle? :]
Chemistry - anon, Thursday, November 17, 2011 at 5:34am
my discussion is tomorrow thanks guys ;)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - write the formula for and indicate the charge on each of the ...
- chemistry HELP PLEASE - write the formulas of the complex ion formed between a) ...
- chemistry - write the formulas of the complex ion formed between a) the ligand, ...
- DrBob222-Questions - Can you please check these for me. Thank you very much in ...
- Chemistry - 6 separate questions. I have figured out the other 20 questions I am...
- Chemistry - when 6 M NaOH is slowly added to a solution containing chromium (III...
- chemistry - Which of these ions may be precipitated as sulfides? Assume neutral ...
- Chemistry - What is the proper chemical formula for the perchlorate ion. Enter ...
- Chem Check Please!!! - 1) Which of the following statements is/are CORRECT? 1. ...
- Chemistry - Describe the ammonium ion, NH4+, and the sulfate ion, SO42-. What ...