Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, November 16, 2011 at 11:37am.
Conrad and his sister will sing a duet in the concert.
Which one of the following sentences is an accurate statement about the sentence?
A. The sentence has no object.
B. The sentence has a compound subject.
C. The verb in the sentence is in the present tense.
D. The pronoun his is an object pronoun.
basic english - Writeacher, Wednesday, November 16, 2011 at 11:38am
We'll be happy to check your answer.
basic english - Anonymous, Wednesday, November 16, 2011 at 11:43am
i think its c but im not for sure.
basic english - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, November 16, 2011 at 12:04pm
Nope. The verb is "will sing," which is in the future tense.
basic english - Jim, Wednesday, November 16, 2011 at 12:16pm
Thanks for deleting my post- I found out 'will sing' is the future tense.
So A and C are wrong.
Can't be D, because there are no object pronouns.
It is B, because it has two pronouns - Conrad and his sister
basic english - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, November 16, 2011 at 12:18pm
Jim, if you're going to respond to other students, please be sure that your answer is correct. It is b, but not for your reason. The sentence has a compound subject >> Conrad and sister.
basic english - Jim, Wednesday, November 16, 2011 at 12:19pm
I meant compound subject, sorry.
basic english - Ray, Tuesday, September 23, 2014 at 8:59pm
B. is Correct
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- identify sentences - 1. Reading is essential for becoming a savvy member of one'...
- English - (1) Eric watched the news on TV. (2) His father watched the news on ...
- English Help!!! Correcting Grammar - Choose the word in the following sentences ...
- english - 13. Which statement is true about this sentence: "Few Americans speak...
- Grammar Please hurry please - Identify the words that correctly complete the ...
- English - Write a sentence that matches the form provided in the description (...
- Nouns, Pronouns, Adjectives, and Verbs - Which statement is true about this ...
- Grammar and Composition - 1. Christina and Christopher worked together and ...
- imperative sentence - Helping my son and double checking, could the following 2 ...
- Sentence skills - 1. The following sentence is an example of which primary ...