Question : When the President appoints a nominee to the Supreme Court, he mainly
Answer Considers the nominees ideological orientation
2. Question : Alexander Hamilton said that the judiciary would be the least dangerous branch of government because
Answer; it has neither the power of the purse nor the sword.
3. In Gibbons v. Ogden, the Supreme Court held that
Answer: states’ rights to regulate may not trample on powers specifically reserved for Congress.
4. Judges who practice what their critics call “judicial activism” argue that judges
Answer: have a responsibility to protect individual rights and liberties.
5. Article III of the Constitution establishes that
Answer: the judicial powers of the United States shall be vested in one Supreme Court.
6. In Texas v. Johnson, the Supreme Court ruled that burning the American flag was constitutionally protected speech because
Answer: it is symbolic speech protected by the First Amendment.
7. If the Supreme Court were to rule that gay marriage is a fundamental right, under the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment, that would mean
Answer: no state may distinguish between gay marriage and heterosexual marriage because that would effectively create invidious distinctions.
8. The various cases with regards to religious freedom are concerned with excessive entanglements between government and religion. This means
Answer: voucher systems like the one in Zelman v. Simmons-Harris created a constitutionally allowed choice between public and private schools.
9. Government entitlements or vouchers would most likely fall under the general category of
Answer: positive rights.
10. Gideon v. Wainwright overturned
Answer: Betts v. Brady.
Answer this Question
Government US - Which of the following people are least likely to believe that ...
government - There is much debate in our country about activist judges and ...
criminal justice - a 700- to 1,050-word essay in APA format on the qualities of ...
Government (Judges) - Why would the founding fathers not have requirements for ...
english - In the sentence: Supreme Court judges see many cases. Should judges be...
POL201 - The idea of original intent claims that A. judges should try to ...
law-- - discuss whether or not the changes to the selection of judges is ...
Government - The judiciary’s status as an independent branch of the national ...
Statistics - In a random sample of 508 judges, it was found that 281 were ...
HISTORY - I cannot find these . What are the number of courts and number of ...