Posted by Mercedez on Tuesday, November 15, 2011 at 9:06pm.
There are 48 students in a school play. The ratio of boys to girls is 5:7. How many boys are in the school play? Explain how you found your answer.
7th grade math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, November 15, 2011 at 9:15pm
I'd set up a proportion (ratio).
5/12 = b/48
12b = 240
b = 20
7th grade math - Mercedez, Tuesday, November 15, 2011 at 9:21pm
Where did you get the 5/12 from when it's 5/7?
7th grade math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, November 15, 2011 at 9:24pm
You're comparing the number of boys with the total.
5 + 7 = 12
7th grade math - Anonymous, Tuesday, November 29, 2016 at 6:06am
A school has 1800 students on its roll 40% of whom are girls how many boys are there in the school
7th grade math - Blue, Friday, February 3, 2017 at 11:52am
on the question above the one with no answer i got that answer but my teacher says it is wrong who is right and how did you get this answer?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - The ratio of boys to the total number of students in a school play is 7:...
- Math - Nicole drew a circle on the chalkboard that had a radius of 15 cm. Which ...
- MATHS - Two different schools (A and B) have the same number of pupils. The ...
- math - At a sports carnival,the ratio of number of pupils sent by school A,B and...
- math - the current ratio of boys to girls at a certain school is 2 to 5 . if 12 ...
- Math - there are 48 students in a school play. The ratio is 5:7 How many boys ...
- Math - What is 5/8 + 4/7 -1 ? I can't understand this math problem.... Please ...
- Maths - I can't understand this math problem.... Please help me...
- Math - For every girl taking classes at the martial arts school, there are 3 ...
- Math - . If there are 1050 students in a school and the ratio of boys to girls ...