posted by Henry2 on .
Could you please check this exercise in which sentences need to be changed into the passive using the personal construction?
1) They say he lived in New York. He is said to live in NY.
2) Journalists report that the famous couple is flying to Paris next Monday.
The famous couple is reported to be flying to Paris next Monday.
3) Mrs. Lee teaches us French.
We are taught French by Mrs. Lee.
4) The teacher made me repeat the exercise. I was made to repeat the exercise.
5) I can’t give you a lift to the train station because I’m running out of time. You can't be given a lift to the train station because .....
1. Since the original sentence uses "lived" (past tense), the passive sentence should use "to have lived ... "
4. ... by the teacher.
All others are fine.