Posted by Jasmine on Sunday, November 13, 2011 at 9:12pm.
SOLVE THE EQUATION BY USING EQUIVALENT FRACTIONS?
1. 12/21=X/7, What's X=
2. 12/16=6/Z, What's Z=
3. 4/14=20/Y, What's Y=
4. 16/14=8/Z, what's Z=
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!
- math - Reiny, Sunday, November 13, 2011 at 9:24pm
I will do #3
If I understand the instructions , it would go like this
4/14 = 20/y
20/70 = 20/y
so y = 70
I hope that you are taught "cross-multiplying" soon
then 4y = 280
y = 70
- math - Ms. Sue, Sunday, November 13, 2011 at 9:24pm
I'll get you started.
21/7 = 3
12/3 = 4
12/21 = 4/7
2. 12/16=6/Z = 3/4
I'll be glad to check your answers for the other two problems.
Answer this Question
- Math - Everett is reading a book for his language arts class. He read 1/3 of the...
- 3 grade math ms sue - 1-Explain how you can use a number line to show that 3/6 ...
- Math - I'm having trouble understanding equivalent fractions. I'm getting ...
- math - Arrange the fractions in ascending order. Or, if the fractions are ...
- Math - I am having a hard time doing equivalent fractions. Would 3/5 of 2/9 be ...
- Math - Geometric Vectors - The fractions (2/3), (4/6), (6/9), ... are all ...
- Algebra - sorry clicked wrong button. solve: 9 -1=x-11 ____ _____ x-5 x+5 these ...
- equivalent fractions and the numberline - Draw a number line to show how are ...
- Math - using the property of 1 to write 3 fractions equivalent to 5/9.
- math - How do I write an equivalent equation that does not contain fractions for...