posted by HM on .
Which of the following statements about the Social Security Act is NOT true?
1. It was based on a progressive tax that took a larger percentage of higher incomes.
2. It provided old-age pensions.
3. It was, according to Roosevelt, the “supreme achievement” of the New Deal.
4. It committed the national government to a broad range of welfare activities.
5. It was a regressive tax that pinched the poor more than the rich.
I would say 5
Try some of the following links for verification: