Posted by Ruth on Sunday, November 13, 2011 at 1:10pm.
My task is to write a persuasive article for my chool website about an issue related to school meals.
My title is 'Unhealthy heaven'
My sub-heading is 'Those hungry humans crave for tasty foods. What will it be?'
My introduction's main point is that ' School healthy meals aren't as affective or succesful as we'd like them to be.'
Below is my introduction. Please suggest if firstly, my introduction ties in with the title and main point and sub-heading, secondly if i have used persuasive tecniques effectively and thirdly any grammatical mistakes or any additions etc.
If you had a choice between a delicious,heavenly hamburger and a vegetable sapless salad, which would you choose? We are unfortunately inclined to choose the unhealthier option as it's more tastier.
English - Writeacher, Sunday, November 13, 2011 at 2:22pm
DON'T start any paper's first draft by writing the introduction! How can you introduce a paper that you haven't written yet?
Follow the writing process, whether you're writing for science, history, English, or whatever:
Prewriting: Brainstorm, research, plan, outline, thesis statement
Writing: Write first draft by starting with section II of your outline; write the introduction after the body of the paper is written; write the conclusion last.
Polishing: Revise, concentrating first on the body of the paper, then the intro, then the concl (revision = making sure ideas are logical and sequential and support your thesis); proofread (spelling, grammar, usage, etc.)
Do you have a thesis yet? Have you done your brainstorming (and maybe research) yet? Have you written an outline?
Click on Step by Step for the process. Click on Info Search for help with researching.
Check in the Essay & Research Paper Level.
Let us know.
Learn the difference between affect/effect and affective/effective and make corrections.
Don't use "for" after "crave."
English - Ruth, Sunday, November 13, 2011 at 2:28pm
Thank you. It is an exam, so i am just filling in my planning grid and writing draft paragraphs.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - I want to write a causal argument on how kids get hooked on unhealthy/...
- English - I asked a question earlier about creating a title for an article i ...
- English III - I am supposed to Write a persuasive essay that urges readers to ...
- english 6th grade - I have to write a persuasive letter to a major company about...
- English - I'm writing an article for my english exam prep, and my main topic ...
- English - The MLA format for citing an entire website includes A. an article ...
- english - Write the subordinate conjunctions of each sentences 1-We drove home ...
- English composition 1 - Read “Letter from Birmingham Jail” by Martin Luther King...
- MLA format English - . An article accessed through a library data base by May ...
- math! - george entered a function into his calculator andfound the following ...