Posted by Lisa on Saturday, November 12, 2011 at 1:12am.
can someone check?
Which has greater volume: 1 kg of gold or 1 kg of water?
a. The gold has greater volume.
b. The water has greater volume.
c. Gold and water have the same volume.
Is it a? I know it's not b.
The stones in an arch are . . .
c. under tension
d. under compression
I pick d.
A metal wire stretches 1.00 mm when 100 lbs of weight are suspended from the end. If instead only 50 lbs of weight were suspended from the wire, how far would it stretch?
a. 0.25 mm.
b. 0.50 mm.
c. 1.00 mm.
d. 2.00 mm.
I need help with this question. Is this b?
- Physics - bobpursley, Saturday, November 12, 2011 at 8:48am
you are dead wrong on the first, right on the second, and guess right on the last. The key on the last is Hooke's law:
if you have theforce, you halve the displacement.
Answer this Question
- physics - According to legend, to determine whether the king's crown was made of...
- Chemistry - 1. Find each mass & which has the greater mass. 1.0 ml mercury or 1....
- physical science - A merchant in Kathmandu sells you a solid gold 1-kg statue ...
- Chemistry - a nugget of gold with a mass of 437g is added to 50ml of water the ...
- math - which has greater volume? a) 1.0 kg of feathers or 1.0 kg of lead b) 100 ...
- Physics, still don't get it! - The "karat" is a dimensionless unit that is used ...
- Physics - Archimedes purportedly used his principle to verify that the king's ...
- English - Can you please check the following sentences? I really hope you can ...
- college physics - By immersing a crown in water its volume is 26inc^3=4.2x10^-4m...
- maths - A gold density is 19 times greater than the water and for copper it is 9...