Posted by Mishaka on Friday, November 11, 2011 at 4:50pm.
Find the three zeros for the following function on the interval -5 </= x </= 5
(1 + 50sin(x)) / (x^2 + 3)
Calculus - Reiny, Friday, November 11, 2011 at 5:12pm
For the expression to be zero,
1 + 50sinx = 0
sinx = -1/50
x = π +.02 or 2π - .02
x = 3.1616 or 6.263
the period of 50sinx is 2π, so adding or subtracting 2π to the above answers will produce more answers
3.1616+2π ---> beyond domain
3.1616-2π = -3.1216
6.263-2π = -.02
so for -5 ≤ x ≤ 5
x = -3.1216 , -.02, 3.1216
Calculus - Mishaka, Friday, November 11, 2011 at 5:20pm
Thank you, this helps tremendously!
Calculus - Mishaka, Friday, November 11, 2011 at 6:57pm
How did you come up with 3.1216 positive. I've tried to come up with this number but I can't figure it out. Also, it doesn't make 1 + 50 sin(x) = 0.
Calculus - Reiny, Friday, November 11, 2011 at 9:43pm
It was a copy error.
As you can see from the 5th line, I had x = 3.1616
so the final answers are
x = -3.1216 , -.02, and 3.1616
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Find the Zeros - Find the three zeros for the following function on the interval...
- calculus - For the following function f(x)=2x^4-6x^2+2x-1. Find the maximum ...
- Calc 1 - Consider the following function. f(x) = x^6 ln x (a) Use l'Hospital's ...
- Math - I just wanted to double check that I am correct. 1.Find the zeros for the...
- calculus - use the given zeros to find the remaining zeros of the function h(x)=...
- calculus - I have three questions I'm having a terrible time with: 1)Find, if ...
- calculus help - Produce graphs of f that reveal all the important aspects of the...
- math (calculus) PLZZZ help! - Consider the function below. (Round the answers to...
- Math - Find the Zeros of the following functions f(x) = x/3 +5 ^ That one is ...
- Math - The function f(x)=x^2+5x+6 has zeros at -2 and -3. What are the zeros of ...