Posted by Henry2 on Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 3:02pm.
I need you to check these expressions.
1) Don't keep/leave them waiting outside. Try to hurry up.
2) I suggest your going to the chemist's.
3) In my town there are two chemist's, a tobacconist's and two cafes.
4)He excused my arriving late.
5) The technician got/had this machine going in no time (I need to rephrase got/had).
6) I always delayed his going to the dentist's (I don't think it is possible but I need to provide an example with delay + possessive adjective+ gerund and pardon + possessive adjective+ gerund)
7) Beside being friendly, she is also generous.
English - Writeacher, Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 3:22pm
1. (either verb works)
2. better: I suggest you go to the chemist.
3. In my town, there are two chemists, a tobacconist, and two cafes.
In my town there are two pharmacies, a tobacco shop, and two cafes.
5. The technician got this machine going in no time.
6. The student delayed his arrival by purposely missing the 8:00 train.
Before the murderer could be executed, the governor pardoned him for his crime.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - I forgot to include these other sentences. I just would like to know ...
- English - Going over my work before I have to submit. I have one doubt before I ...
- chemistry - A chemist makes a “stock” solution of KOH by dissolving 1050.0 grams...
- chemistry - ) A chemist dissolves 1.000 x 103 g of potassium hydroxide in enough...
- chemistry - A chemist want to make a 10% Chlorine solution from 30% Chlorine ...
- chemistry - who are the father we call chemist? enumerate the different works of...
- chemistry - A chemist wants to make 3.1L of a 0.104M solution. How much KCl in ...
- mixture problems - A chemist has two solutions of sulfuric acid. One is a 25% ...
- chemistry - A chemist needs a HCl solution with a molarity of less than 0.400 M ...
- Chemistry - A chemist wants to make a solution of 3.4 M HCl. There are two ...