Posted by dimitri on Wednesday, November 9, 2011 at 7:47pm.
The all-city band is made up of students from 3 schools. bayside, lincoln, and hendricks. 20 students are in the all-city band. 5 students come from bayside. lincoln has 1 more student in the band than hendricks. how many students in the all-city band come from each school?
- math - Kelsey, Wednesday, November 9, 2011 at 7:51pm
so hendricks has 7 and lincoln has 8
- math - GABBY:), Wednesday, November 9, 2011 at 7:53pm
Hendricks --- x
Lincoln ----- x+1
Bayside ---- 5
solve for x
x + x+1 + 5 = 20
then plug it back in to hendricks,lincoln, and bayside
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - the all city band is made up of students from three schools. Bayside, ...
- MATH - THE ALL-CITY BAND IS MADE UP OF STUDENTS FROM 3 SCHOOLS BAYSIDE,LINCOLN ...
- Algebra - In a school of 464 students, 89 students are in the band, 215 students...
- Math .-. - All eighth grade students can choose to take one of the following ...
- math - ther are 33 students in the band. there are 6 more fifthgrade students ...
- Algebra - Mr. Green teaches band, choir, and math. This year, he has 57 students...
- math for Ms. Sue - The fifth grade marching band includes boys and girls. There ...
- Math - Mr. Green teaches band, choir, and math. This year, he has 57 students ...
- Math - The ratio of band students to choir students at Waldon is 75 to 30. What...
- math - in city high school,the marching band has 48 members and the orchestra ...