Posted by hi on Wednesday, November 9, 2011 at 6:07pm.
pls. explain how to get this:
A number x is the harmonic mean of two
numbers a and b if 1/x
is the mean of 1/a
a) Write an equation to represent the harmonic
mean of a and b.
b) Determine the harmonic mean of 12 and 15.
c) The harmonic mean of 6 and another
number is 1.2. Determine the other number.
Reasoning and Proving
Representing Selecting Tools
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Reposting: The geometric mean and arithmetic mean of the two numbers ...
- maths - find 2 numbers whose arithmetic mean exceeds their geometric mean by 2 ....
- Allgebra - The geometric and arithmetic mean of the two numbers are 8 and 17 ...
- math - In the set of numbers 2,3,5,7,7,8,10 what is a) the arithmatic mean b) ...
- statistics - the arithematic mean of two numbers is 15 and geometric meanis 12....
- math - Does anyone know how to explain mean, median, mode and range mean?? mean-...
- Math - Find harmonic mean and geometric mean for numbers 120, 130,145
- math - There are 5 numbers in a set of data. There are no repeated numbers. ...
- algebra - One number is 4 times another. If the sum of their reciprocals is 5/36...
- algebra - find five numbers with a mean of 16, a median of 15 a mode of 21 and a...