posted by Henry2 on .
I was referring to my previous sentence:
they checked (in) their bags for cigarettes. I urgently need to check these sentences. I believe there are mistakes in the word choice,. Thank you.
1) Another blow (I need a synonym) to traditional beliefs came from the new philosophers, best represented by 4Francis Bacon.
2) Like the new science, philosophy rejected the old deductive method in favour of the inductive method.
3) This meant that personal experience, sense experience, was more important in establishing the truth than traditionally accepted ideas.
4) It was another step in the direction of individual thinking as against accepted authority.
5) It ran parallel to the Reformation with its rejection of a central Church authority in favour of individual conscience, and the personal interpretation of the word of God through the individual reading of the Bible.