Posted by Sharon (ms. Sue) on Tuesday, November 8, 2011 at 4:23pm.
Can you please check my work? You have helped other students I know. Thank you:)
-7(2a2 -4) = -14a2 + 28
0.5(a + b -5) = 0.5a + 0.5b - 2.5
bx - by + bz = b(x - y + z)
Combine like terms (simplify)
12x + 4 - 11y - 6x - 9 - y = 6x - 12y - 5
Evaluate the expression
3x2y when x = 3 and y = 5
Write as a fraction and simplify
Write using negative exponents
Multiply and simplify
3-small2 • 3small6 = 81
Divide and simplify
4-small2/4small4 = 16
Divide and simplify
Y/y-5 = 1
(2small3) -small2 =32
(x-small1 ysmall1) small5 = ysmall5/xsmall5
Write in scientific notation
0.000005 = 5x10 -small6
Write in standard notation
31 x 10small7 =310,000,000
Perform the indicated operations (give your answer in scientific notation)
(5x10small2) x (5.6x10small4) = 2.8x10small6
X - 2.1 = -7.5
Answer: x = -5.4
2.3 = -y/2
Answer: y = -4.6
2 - x = 11 (x - 1)
Answer: x = 13/12
Please check my answers.
- Algebra - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, November 8, 2011 at 4:31pm
Did you see lidia's response?
- Algebra - Sharon (ms. Sue), Tuesday, November 8, 2011 at 4:36pm
Yes! Great! I wasn't sure if she was a tutor or not thank you.
- Algebra - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, November 8, 2011 at 4:54pm
Many of our questions are answered very well by other students.
I'm not really a math teacher, so I defer to answers that appear to be reasonable.
- Algebra - sue, Tuesday, September 4, 2012 at 5:32pm
Evaluate the expression 3x2y when x = 3 and y = 5.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra (check my answers) - Please check these answers. Multiply -7(2a2 -4) = -...
- Math, Please Help! - Ned divided a given number by 3 and then added 2. If he ...
- Algebra Sq Rt - to multiply the sq rt of 3 cubed by the sq rt of 9 cubed I first...
- algebra - Solve. x/9-1/7=26/63 STEP 1: The LCM is _________ To clear ...
- algebra 2 - I am trying to factor the expression -8y^2+28y-60 but can't get an ...
- Math(Please respond) - .50 - x / x = 3.20e-1 I need to solve for x. I was going...
- math - Susan has 8/9 gallons of water. She drinks 2/5 of it. Select all the ...
- Algebra - Solve S=a/(1-r) for r S = a/(1-r) Multiply both sides by 1-r S*(1-r...
- math - 2/3 over 10 equals 1.8/r solve for r. (2/3)/10 = 1.8r. First, invert and ...
- need guidance on an algebra problem - 20 x+3(y-1)=11 2(x-y)+8y = 28 multiply ...