Posted by Louisa on Monday, November 7, 2011 at 11:11am.
What is the area of a regular pentagon with a side length of 9.4 feet and an apothem length of 6.5 feet?
Geometry - denise, Monday, November 7, 2011 at 2:36pm
asume 11 and 12 are parallel 5 is 83 what is the measure of 7
Geometry - Steve, Monday, November 7, 2011 at 6:30pm
no sides of a regular pentagon are parallel
5 is not 83
7 is 7
What planet are you calling from?
Divide the pentagon into 5 congruent triangles with base angles of 54°
If s = side length,
the triangles have base = s
then the apothem is h = s/2 tan 54°
The area of the pentagon is 5 * s/2 * s/2 tan 54° = 5s^2*tan54°/4
Note that this is just area = 1/2 * perimeter * apothem
Note: 6.5/4.7 = 1.383 but tan54° = 1.376 so the above dimensions do not fit a regular pentagon.
Ignoring that, however, and using their figures,
a = 5*9.4/2 * 6.5 = 152.75
Geometry - Kiara, Sunday, February 26, 2012 at 8:06pm
Erica is playing with some regular pentagon tiles and discovers she can made a five pointed star:Explain how she can use angle measures of the pentagons to fink the angle measure of the point of the star
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Geomotrey - What is the area of a regular pentagon with a side length of 9.4 ...
- geometry - a regular pentagon has an apothem of 3.2 and an area of 37.2 cm. What...
- Geometry - Hi, I'm having a difficult time understanding a couple of Geometry ...
- geometry - Paula built a play area for her dog in the shape of a regular ...
- Geometry - Regular pentagons A and B are similar. The apothem of Pentagon A ...
- Geometry - If a regular pentagon has sides of four feet, what is the length from...
- Geometry - A regular pentagon has side length 12cm.the perimeter of the pentagon...
- Geometry - the side of a regular hexagon is twice the square root of its apothem...
- math - The apothem of a regular polygon is the distance from the center to any ...
- 4th grade - What is the perimeter of a dog huse in the shape of a regular ...