Posted by Skye on Sunday, November 6, 2011 at 10:56pm.
“Antigone” written by Sophocles shows Antigone, the main character as a tragic hero. Antigone is the true tragic hero because she acts without anticipating the consequences of her rebellion, realizes she has made an irreversible mistake only after it is too late to fix it, and is responsible for an unhappy ending for all of the characters.
I need to make my thesis present tense.
How would you write the first sentence in present tense?
Also is has in present tense?
- Past tense and Present tense in essay - SraJMcGin, Sunday, November 6, 2011 at 11:21pm
You have done that: shows, is, acts, realizes, is
Yes, has is Present Tense, while had is Past Tense. Literary works are usually written about in the Present Tense.
- Past tense and Present tense in essay - Skye, Monday, November 7, 2011 at 12:10am
Thanks, but isn't "written" past tense?
- Past tense and Present tense in essay - Writeacher, Monday, November 7, 2011 at 6:56am
The verb form "written" is the past participle (used by itself as an adjective, as you have done in your thesis) of the verb "to write," but it can be used to form different tenses if it's used with different auxiliary verbs. Examples:
has written = present perfect tense, active voice
had written = past perfect tense, active voice
has been written = present perfect tense, passive voice
had been written = past perfect tense, passive voice
Answer this Question
- Antigone Essay due tmr! - Antigone is the true tragic hero because she acts ...
- Antigone - compare and contrast the characters of Antigone and Ismene in 3 ways ...
- literary - I have to write a comparative essay please review it for me thank you...
- literary - I tried to re-write the essay please check it for me again . Thank ...
- English - Macbeth - I have a little trouble understanding my essay question. ...
- Literature-Antigone re: Bob pursely - In the ending of the version by Sophocles ...
- Literature;Antigone - Is the play Antigone based on a true story or not?
- antigone - In Ode 2 to what does the Chorus compare Antigone? a. a cresting wave...
- Literature - A few more questions on Antigone; Can someone please check my ...
- Literature- Antigone dialogue - This is my alternate ending to Antigone please ...