Posted by Skye on Sunday, November 6, 2011 at 8:39pm.
Antigone is the true tragic hero because she acts without anticipating the consequences of her rebellion, realizes she has made an irreversible mistake only after it is too late to fix it, and is responsible for an unhappy ending for all of the characters.
This is my thesis. I have to write a persuasive essay on how Antigone is the true tragic hero, not Creon.
I have to write a counter argument on Creon but I'm not sure if I am supposed to include this in my thesis?
Also I need more evidence for these three reasons! Help?
she acts without anticipating the consequences of her rebellion
Reason: She goes and tries to bury her brother without thinking what will happen to her.
- She does what is right and doesn't care about what others think of her
- opposite of Ismene who tries to think things out
realizes she has made an irreversible mistake only after it is too late to fix it
- she starts off by being very confident and self assured
- she does what she believes is right
- she starts to regret this because she wont be able to marry Haemon or have a family
is responsible for an unhappy ending for all of the characters.
- Haemon kills himself
- After Haemon kills himself, his mother commits suicide
-Creon is left alone
Creon is the tragic hero because he has lost everything. He looses his whole family due to the fact that he is a hubris.
how would i prove this wrong?
Essay is due tomorrow!
Please help! thanks! :D
- Antigone Essay due tmr! - Writeacher, Sunday, November 6, 2011 at 9:10pm
I've always thought of Creon as the nearest thing to a villain in Greek drama! You would have a stronger paper if you use your idea of his being a tragic hero as your thesis.
I've also never found any place in that play where Antigone "realizes she has made an irreversible mistake."
- Antigone Essay due tmr! - Skye, Sunday, November 6, 2011 at 9:35pm
I think it is too late to change my thesis...
"realizes she has made an irreversible mistake" came from my teacher...
Answer this Question
- Past tense and Present tense in essay - “Antigone” written by Sophocles shows ...
- Antigone - compare and contrast the characters of Antigone and Ismene in 3 ways ...
- literary - I have to write a comparative essay please review it for me thank you...
- English - Hi can you check my topic sentences? Antigone and Creon argue as she ...
- antigone - In Ode 2 to what does the Chorus compare Antigone? a. a cresting wave...
- Literature;Antigone - Is the play Antigone based on a true story or not?
- literary - I tried to re-write the essay please check it for me again . Thank ...
- Literature- Antigone dialogue - This is my alternate ending to Antigone please ...
- Antigone - Write a paragraph or two in which you argue whether Antigone did the ...
- English - Caesar & Antigone - Can you check these questions? 1) Which is an ...