Posted by jill on Sunday, November 6, 2011 at 8:28pm.
divide by o
correct? thenk you
- math - Anonymous, Sunday, November 6, 2011 at 8:35pm
undefined not 0
- math - Steve, Monday, November 7, 2011 at 11:44am
If you're trying to find k, why divide by 0? You divide by the coefficient of k, which is -1.
-k/(-1) = 287.658/(-1)
k = -287.658
Or, to avoid any division at all, just swap sides of the = sign:
-k + k = 287.658 + k
0 = 287.68 + k
-287.658 = 287.658 + k - 287.658
-287.658 = k
You could probably have done that in your head, but I wanted to show the underlying machinery that makes it all happen.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - -k= 287.658 I need help with this thank you
- Math - -k=287.658. I don't understand how to get the answer
- Math - evaluate 12-|-13+15|=10 28. A bedroom is 9 ft by 8 ft. What is its ...
- math - For a field trip 22 students rode in cars, and the rest filled eleven ...
- algebra i - two rubber balls are dropped from two different heights 136 ft and ...
- Math - Calculus - Show that the equation log y = 1.54 - .008x - .658 log x is ...
- Business Math - Ignacio obtains a loan of $9,500, at 8.75% interest, for months...
- Math - Use place value to find each missing number. Explain 4,657,839; 4,657,939...
- math - what is (-x-3)+(4x-7)simplified? please show the work, thenk you.
- math 115 - 1. divide26/634=24r10 is this correct? 2. subtract. 104.567-78.658= ...