Posted by Henry2 on .
Could you please check the first part of an interview I need to prepare on engangered species? Thank you.
1) The interviewee works for an organization, which safeguards the conservation of hundreds of endangered species around the world.
2) These species need not only special measures and extra protection to survive, but they also serve as umbrella species.
3) Actually, they help numerous other species to survive.
For North Atlantic whales, collision with ships poses the most serious hazard (represents the main danger?). 4) In contrast, the Western North Pacific grey whale is at serious risk because of intensive oil and gas development (contamination?) in its feeding grounds.
5) The interviewee goes on to say that his organization is currently looking at the effects of climate change on marine wildlife, in particular on mammals.
6) They are also trying to bring whale hunting under the strict control of the International Whaling Commission.
engangered = endangered