Posted by miranda on Sunday, November 6, 2011 at 11:37am.
so i have to write a paper pretending to be a republican candidate, and trying to get my class members to vote for me. I really have no idea how to do this /: any ideas?
- social studies, civics - Ms. Sue, Sunday, November 6, 2011 at 11:41am
Study these sites about the Republican party principles.
- social studies, civics - miranda, Sunday, November 6, 2011 at 11:45am
Thank you! do you have any advice on how to organize it? i want it to be a good speech.. but i am so lost!
- social studies, civics - Ms. Sue, Sunday, November 6, 2011 at 11:48am
First take the time and effort to thoroughly read those sites. Take notes. Brainstorm.
Organize the speech much the way you'd organize a persuasive essay.
1. Devise a strong thesis statement.
2. Outline three or four arguments supporting your thesis.
3. Write the body of your speech.
4. Write the introductory paragraph, starting with an attention-getting opener and concluding with your thesis statement.
5. Write a strong conclusion, reiterating your message.
- social studies, civics - miranda, Sunday, November 6, 2011 at 11:50am
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
- social studies, civics - Ms. Sue, Sunday, November 6, 2011 at 11:52am
You're very welcome!
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Civics - A citizen who registers with the Republican party must vote for ...
- Social Studies - I have to do a 1 minute speech on my accomplishments pretending...
- History - I have a paper I must do and have been trying all summer to finish. I ...
- Social Studies - I need to find the terms for these questions. I have been ...
- Math/Stats - In the last senatorial election in New Jersey, the republican ...
- mth - The vote count for candidate A was 7,310. The vote for candidate B was 14...
- U.S. History - I have a question for someone. I need some help in getting ...
- canada - I have to write a report about British Columbia for social studies. We ...
- Social Studies - Include a practical example of the philosophers idea in your ...
- Math - How do you figure the percentage of this question. The vote count for ...