Posted by Anonymous on Saturday, November 5, 2011 at 9:11am.
how many grams of hydrogen make up 3.5 moles of glucose C6H6O6?
a 1.7g b 3.5g
c21.0g d 101.5g
- Chemistry - Hailey, Saturday, November 5, 2011 at 9:22am
- Chemistry - demolitrate, Saturday, November 5, 2011 at 9:47am
You should calculate it by using the percentage by mass of the hydrogen atoms.
3.5mole of glucose is
ans is c.
- Chemistry - demolitrate, Saturday, November 5, 2011 at 9:49am
you should know the formular to calculate all the question of the chapter of 'Reacting masses'.
eg. mass / molar mass=no of mole
no of mole*avagadros=no of particles
...and so on..
- Chemistry - Hailey, Saturday, November 5, 2011 at 10:23am
But since in each mole of the glucose, there's 6 moles of H atoms. So isn't it easier to just use 3.5 times 6?
- Chemistry - Kon, Saturday, November 5, 2011 at 11:04am
my ans is just to show him the logic of calculate the chapter of reacting mass.and i agree that your method is absolutely good for MC question.
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Saturday, November 5, 2011 at 1:10pm
I would argue that this is a poor question because of the typo and poor wording. First, glucose is C6H12O6 so the molar mass is 180 and not 174. So the 3.5 moles glucose will provide 3.5 x 6 = 21 moles of H ATOMS. But due to poor wording in the problem, when I'm asked for moles hydrogen, that means moles H2 so I would have divided the 21 by 2 to obtain 10.5 moles H2 and that isn't one of the answers. The problem would be better to ask for moles hydrogen ATOMS. Then everyone knows what the problem is asking.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - The term mole is used in chemistry to define an amount of a ...
- chemistry - a sample of glucose, c6h12o6 contains 2.03*10^21 atoms of carbon. (a...
- chemistry - Find the molar masses of the following compounds: 1. LiI 2. PbCO4 3...
- Honors Chemistry (stoichiometry) - Can someone check and make sure I'm doing ...
- CHEM MOLES !@@! - Mole Calculation Worksheet 1) How many moles are in 15 grams ...
- Chemistry - Glucose, C6H12O6, is a good source of food energy. When it reacts ...
- Chemistry - According to the following reaction, how many moles of hydrogen ...
- chemistry - I need help doing the work, I think something might be wrong. How ...
- Chemistry - For the oxidation of glucose ( C6H12O6 + 2O2---6H2O +6CO2), ...
- Chemistry - A few questions...how many grams are in 48.7x10^24? I don't know how...