Posted by ninzyy on Thursday, November 3, 2011 at 9:39pm.
A trough is 10 ft long and 2.6 ft across the
top. Its ends are isosceles triangles with an
altitude of 2.1 ft and vertex down.
Water is being pumped into the trough at
a rate of 2.4 ft3/min.
How fast is the water level rising when the
water is 1.39 ft deep?
Answer in units of ft/min
(Sides of baseball diamond are all 90 ft)
For the baseball diamond shown in the figure
below, suppose the player is running from first
to second at a speed of 26 ft/s.
Find the rate at which the distance from
home plate is changing when the player is 38
ft from second base.
Cal 1 - Steve, Friday, November 4, 2011 at 12:29pm
If the water is x ft deep, its cross-section is a triangle with height x and width w. By similar triangles,
x/2.1 = w/2.6
w = 1.238x
The volume is 10*(1/2)*x*w = 5*x*1.238x = 6.19x^2
v = 6.19x^2
dv/dt = 12.38x dx/dt
2.43 = 12.38(1.39) dx/dt
dx/dt = 0.14 ft/min
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- calculus - They're actaully 2 question :D 1.find the rate of change of the ...
- calculus - A trough is 12 feet long and 3 feet across at the top. It ends are ...
- Calculus - A trough is 15 ft long and 4 ft across the top, as shown in the ...
- Calculus - A trough is 15 ft long and 4 ft across the top. Its ends are ...
- calculus - A trough is 16 ft long and its ends have the shape of isosceles ...
- calculus - please help i am lost at what is dy/dx and what is dy/dt. A trough is...
- calculus - A trough is 15 ft long and its ends have the shape of isosceles ...
- Calculus - A horizontal trough is 40 cm long and its ends are in the form of an ...
- calculus - 6. A trough is in the shape of a triangular prism. It is 5 feet long ...
- Calculus - A trough is 12 ft long and has ends that are isosceles triangles that...