Posted by Sarah on Thursday, November 3, 2011 at 7:03am.
HELP. How do would you annotate this? and answer the questions under the passage..???
But now, fearing death, all eyes fixed on Charybdis
now Scylla snatched six men from our hollow ship,
the toughest, strongest hands I had, and glancing
backward over the decks, searching for my crew
I could see their hands and feet already hoisted
flailing, high, higher, over my head, look—
wailing down at me, comrades riven in agony,
shrieking out my name for one last time!
Just as an angler poised on a jutting rock
flings his treacherous bait in the offshore swell,
whips his long rod—hook sheathed in a an oxhorn lure—
and whisks up little fish he flips on the beach-break,
writhing, gasping out their lives…so now they writhed,
gasping as Scylla swung them up her cliff and there
at her cavern’s mouth she bolted them down raw—
screaming out, flinging their arms toward me,
lost in that mortal struggle…
Of all the pitiful things I’ve had to witness,
suffering, searching out the pathways of the sea,
this wrenched my heart the most.
Book 12, 263-282
Paragraph 1: State author, name of text, where it comes from. Brief setting up of
context. A clear THESIS statement that addresses the 1-2 dominant literary devices
you will be commenting on, and how they link to/develop a THEME or MOTIF of
Paragraph 2: Noting the literary devices and their EFFECT (the “So What?” factor)
Paragraph 3: Tell why this passage is significant (important) to the overall text.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Language Arts - The Odyssey - Please Check Answers - Please help me with the ...
- english - in English class, we have been studying The Odessy. In the portion of ...
- English - Tone - Would anyone want to help me figure out the tone of this poem? ...
- english - does this sound right with grammatical errors too Odysseus sent three ...
- English check - Read the following passage from the Odyssey: Tell me, where was ...
- English 11 - Hello, I need help with this question! I'm not asking for answers, ...
- Poem - I wrote this poem is this a good title? Tribute to a Soldier Our eyes see...
- English (poetry) - I have to analyze a Shakespearean sonnet, and I understand ...
- English - We had a health checkup at school. We had to go to hospital. My ...
- English - Aboard at a ship’s helm, A young steersman steering with care. Through...