Posted by Lilly on Thursday, November 3, 2011 at 12:04am.
1. Solve for x, y, z in the following system:
The answers are: x=-7 y=-5 and z=-1 however I don't know how to go about this.
- Math-System of Equations - Reiny, Thursday, November 3, 2011 at 8:28am
From the 3rd: y = -2z-7
in the 1st:
2x - 3(-2z-7) - z = 2
2x +6z +21 - z = 2
2x + 5z = -19 (#4)
in the 2nd:
-2z - 7 - x + z = 1
x + z = -8
2x + 2z = -16 (#5)
#4 - #5 :
3z = -3
z = -1
sub into y = -2z-7 ---> 2-7 = -5
sub into 2nd:
-5 - x - 1 = 1
-x = 7
x = -7
so , x = -7, y = -5 and z = -1
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math 116 - Consider the following system of equations. y=2x-2 y-2x=9 What can ...
- math - Consider the following system of equations. y = 2x - 2 y - 2x = 7 What ...
- Math 1 - Consider the following system of equations. y = 4x - 4 y - 4x = 3 What...
- Alg 2 - Today we learned how to solve systems of equations with 3 variables, ...
- math - Consider the following system of equations. Y = 3x – 7 Y - 3x = 5 a) The ...
- Algebra - Find the number of the solutions to each system. a. 4x-y+1=0 4x-y+3=0 ...
- College Algebra - Solve the system of equations. Then classify the system. 7x-7y...
- alegebra - solve the system of equations by graphing. then classify the system ...
- algebra - solve the system of equations by graphing. Then classify the system as...
- Math - system of equations - write two other equations that have the same ...