Posted by Jade on Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at 9:25pm.
I do not understand point-slope and standard form. Please help me.
- linear equations - drwls, Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at 9:28pm
Can you be more specific with your question?
Is the "standard form" y = mx + b ?
- I NEED HELP. PLEASE - August, Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at 9:29pm
Example: point slope is y+5=-4/1(x+3)
y + 5 = 4(x+3)
y + 5 = 4x + 12
subtract 5 on both sides.
y = 4x + 7
subtract 4x on both sides.
-4x + y = 7
divide both sides by -1.
[[ 4x - y = -7 ]]
You can search on websites and have some examples like this one
- I NEED HELP. PLEASE - Jade, Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at 9:33pm
How would you know whether to add or subtract?
- I NEED HELP. PLEASE - August, Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at 9:41pm
Solve for y = mx + b or y - y1 = m (m - x1). Your line will be in slope intercept form.
Now add/subtract/multiply/divide in order to get to Ax + By = C, where A,B&C are non-fractions and A>0.
For example: Write the equation of a line in standard form that has a slope of 4 and passes through (-3,5).
y - y1 = m (x - x1)
y - 5 = 4 (x - (-3))
y - 5 = 4x + 12
Add 5 to both sides.
y = 4x + 17
Subtract 4x from both sides to get the variables on the same side.
-4x + y = 17
The pattern for Standard Form shows that the coefficient with x can't be negative when it expresses A>0. So, multiply everything by -1, keeping in mind you can do anything to an equation and it will remain true as long as you do it to both sides.
-1(-4x + y = 17)
4x - y = -17
brightstorm is a website you can get all of this. I got all of this from it but i forgot how to put a link on it
- I NEED HELP. PLEASE - Jade, Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at 9:49pm
Answer this Question
- Algebra - I know that standard form is Ax+By=C, but I'm not really sure how to ...
- Algebra - I have an assignment to write an equation to point-slope form, then to...
- Math-PLEASE HELP ME - I do not understand point-slope and standard form. Please ...
- algebra - can someone please explain "converting to slope-intercept form" to me ...
- math - pls check!!! - Write an equation in point-slope form for the line that ...
- Algebra - Choose 1 set of points from the choices below. Then, solve the problem...
- Algebra - What is 2x=7? Is it a standard form, or slope-intercept form, or not a...
- algebra 1b - i need help!!!!!!!!!!!! Please post your problem and your attempts ...
- algebra - Could you please help me?? point-slope form linear equation y-3 = 3(x+...
- Pre-Calculus - help please in what form is the following linear equation written...