Posted by Mandy on Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at 9:05pm.
In a city with no cars of mixed color, 30% of the cars on the road are brown. Forty percent are either brown or green, and 10% are white.
a.) What is the probability that a randomly selected car is green?
b.) What is the probability that a randomly selected car is not brown, green, or white?
Thanks a bunch for whoever can help!?
- Statistics - Mariella., Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at 9:09pm
How many cars were there altogether?
- Statistics - Mandy, Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at 9:13pm
It doesn't say how many cars in total there were. Im guessing that in total these cars added up to 100%.
- Statistics - Mariella., Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at 9:16pm
- Statistics - Mandy, Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at 9:19pm
Is there anyway that you can show me how you got that so I can understand a little better? Thanks!
- Statistics - Mariella., Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at 9:22pm
a.)40% of cars are either brown or green. Divide that by two since there are two colors. You get 20. Put that over 100=20/100. Reduce it to 2/10 which reduces to 1/5.
b.)Add all the percents together to get 80%. Subtract it from 100. 100-80=20. 20/100=1/5. So the actual answer to b is 1/5. Sorry, my mistake. :P
- Statistics - Mandy, Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at 9:25pm
Thanks a bunch!
- Statistics - Mariella., Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at 9:26pm
- Statistics - PsyDAG, Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at 10:22pm
What about the undefined remaining 20%?
30% + 40% + 10% = only 80%
- Statistics - Jade, Thursday, November 3, 2011 at 7:38pm
She DID do that.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - The bar graph below shows the numbers of various colors of cars owned by ...
- Statistics - Achusband and wife with brown eyes who have 0.75 probability of ...
- math - There are 25 cars in a parking lot. Nine of the cars are red. The rest ...
- Comm Tech - Name Age Gender Eye Color Hair C. 1.)Bob 40 M Brown Blonde 3.)Cathy...
- MATH - Detroit puts out 5 white cars to every green car. If Detroit makes 2,692,...
- algebra - morgan saw 10 blue cars 8 red cars and 42 white cars drive by her ...
- math - In Carl's drawer, he has white,gray,and black socks. In his closet,he has...
- Biology - In humans, the allele for brown eyes is dominant to the allele for ...
- Marh - An automobile manufacturing plant produces cars according to a fixed ...
- Math - Color this square so that one-half is green,one-third is yellow and and ...