Posted by HM on Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at 1:25pm.
a spinner has regions numbered through 1-21
what is the probability that the spinner will stop on an even number or a multiple of 3..
I am confused.
I keep coming up with 17/21
but the real answer is 2/3
how how how ?
PROBABILITY MATH - PsyDAG, Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at 11:07pm
Even number = 10/21
Multiple of 3 = 7/21
10/21 + 7/21 = 17/21
Guess what? I keep coming up with 17/21 too.
PROBABILITY MATH - Michael, Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 10:06am
You need to remember that 6 is also an even number, so you can't count it twice as it is only one number. So you have 10 possible even numbers, plus 7 possible numbers that are multiples of 3, minus 1 multiple of 3 (the number 6) because you already counted it in your even numbers.
PROBABILITY MATH - zaria, Monday, March 14, 2016 at 11:44am
A spinner has 5 sections labeled 1 through 5. The probability of randomly spinning an even number is 2/5. What is the probability of not spinning an even number?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- statistics - A spinner has equal regions numbered 1 through 21. What is the ...
- Math - A spinner has regions numbered 1 through 21. What is the probability that...
- Pre-Algebra (Probability) - The theoretical probability of spinning an even ...
- Math - a spinner has 5 equal sections numbered 1 to 6. what is the probability ...
- mathematics Probability - A simple 5_sided spinner is numbered 1,2,3,4,5.On ...
- Algebra 2 - There are two spinners. Each spinner is numbered 1-4. Each spinner ...
- algebra - An experiment consists of spinning a spinner. The odds in favor of the...
- math - The spinner below is used in a game, if you spin the spinner once what is...
- math - A spinner is divided into 5 equal sections numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. If...
- Math - Probability - A spinner is divided into 11 equal sections numbered from 0...