Posted by EricaSalazar on Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at 7:59am.
22. The phrase that best describes the shift in America’s world position from the pre- to the post- World War II eras is
a. internationalism to isolationism.
b. isolationism to internationalism.
c. containment to isolationism.
d. interventionism to isolationism.
e. None of these answers is correct.
I would say A !
- Government US - Writeacher, Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at 8:01am
You must be kidding!! Have you looked up these words' definitions?
- Government US - drwls, Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at 8:07am
The foreign policy of the U.S. during the cold war years is called "containment" (of Communism).
None of your choices (a to d) apply.
- Government US - EricaSalazar, Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at 8:18am
My bad, my answer was C !
But then again I feel like USA still has not stop intervening so Isolationism will be wrong correct?
- Government US - Writeacher, Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at 8:21am
Yes, you're right. Isolationism certainly can't be used to describe the US ... for a long time, anyway!
Your answer was C, but now it's ... what?
- Government US - EricaSalazar, Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at 8:37am
I guess it will have to be NONE OF THESE ANSWERS now.
- Government US - Writeacher, Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at 8:38am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- American History - 1. Perhaps the most important international result of World ...
- US History - 2. The North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) was based on the ...
- History - Theodore Roosevelt's taking of the Panama Canal Zone is an example of...
- History - 1) Which of the statements describes someone who would have been most ...
- history/how wars affect government power - Analyze (using specific examples) how...
- History - The effects of World War II are best judged as A)very unimportant ...
- socials - Compare Canadians' reaction to the announcement of World War I with ...
- Social 30 - define isolationism and explain if it is possible for a powerful ...
- Civics - 1. A basic position in American foreign policy has been that America ...
- Civics - 1. A basic position in American foreign policy has been that America...