Posted by Karen on Tuesday, November 1, 2011 at 10:26pm.
Using California as a topic, number and write one example of each of the following:
1. A completely correct simple sentence (see Grammar Glossary if you need to) with an appositive in it.
2. A sentence with redundant language. Type the redundant language in ALL-CAPS.
3. A sentence with a parenthetical element in it.
English - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, November 1, 2011 at 10:34pm
How would you like us to help you with this assignment?
English - Karen, Tuesday, November 1, 2011 at 10:44pm
Three sentences involving:
1. A completely correct simple sentence with an appositive in it about California.
2. A sentence with redundant language about California.
3. A sentence about California with a parenthetical element in it.
English - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, November 1, 2011 at 10:50pm
The first step in HELPING you is to make sure you've followed the first part of this assignment.
What did you learn from the "Grammar Glossary" about
After I'm sure you know these meanings, I'll be glad to HELP you write the sentences.
English - Karen, Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at 1:32am
Redundant is when two different words are used in a sentence but mean the same thing. ( I cannot think of a sentence for this one.)
A parenthetical is an an add-on to a sentence but does not necessarily interrupt it. Is this a good example?
California, to say the least, is a great place to raise a family.
An appositive is something that identifies a preceding noun. Is this a good example? I live in California, one of the fifty states in the USA.
English - Writeacher, Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at 7:51am
You sure wasted a lot of time.
Did you ever TRY TO WRITE the sentences you need? If you did, post them, and someone here will check them for you. We will NOT, however, do them for you.
English - Karen, Thursday, November 3, 2011 at 12:14am
Yes, my examples for my sentences are in my answer to your previous question above.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Sentences - Are my sentences correct with the following directions? (Sentences ...
- Reading/language arts - Write a sentence for the given topic, using a form of ...
- English / Grammar - Please check the following sentences and let me know if they...
- language arts - An example of a simple sentence? This is an example of a simple ...
- Grammar/english - Predication for this sentence Our resolutions should begin at ...
- Grammar - Which type of sentence is the following? An example would be. A) ...
- English - 1. WPM=130 means 130 words a minute. This is the similar reading speed...
- English grammar - I am confused on how to identify a sentence as a complex ...
- Grammar Advisor - I just cannot figure out if these answers are correct or not. ...
- English - Write a sentence that matches the form provided in the description (...