Posted by Allie on Tuesday, November 1, 2011 at 6:35pm.
For the ellipse (x-2)^2/49 + (y+1)^2/25=1
List center: (2,-1)
the foci: -(sqrt 74) AND +(SQRT 74,0)
Major axis: x=2
Minor axis: y= -1
Vertices: (7,0) (-7,0) (0,5) (0,-5)
Is this correct?
- Algebra-Please check - Damon, Tuesday, November 1, 2011 at 6:45pm
major semi axis 7
minor semi axis 5
these are half lengths from the center to the vertices
The center is at (2, -1)
therefore we have right and left vertices at 2+7 and at 2-7 in x when y is -1
(9, -1) and (-5,-1)
Then the top and bottom vertices at
x = 2 an y = -1+5 and at -1-5
(2,4) and at (2,-6)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Write an equation for an ellipse if the endpoints of the major axis ...
- Algebra II - Could someone please check these. For ellipse: (x-2)^2/49 + (y+1)^2...
- Ellipses - Given an ellipse; 8x^2+y^2+80x-6y+193=0, find center, major axis, ...
- ellipses - Given an ellipse; 3x^2+5y^2-12x-50y+62=0, find the Center, the Major ...
- ellipses - Given an ellipse; 3x^2+5y^2-12x-50y+62=0, find the Center, Major Axis...
- ellipses - given an ellipse; 2x^2+6y^2+32x-48y+212=0, find center, major axis, ...
- pre-cal - a rectangular board is 2 by 12 units. How far from the short sides of ...
- Algebra II-Please check - I'm sorry the computer jammed on an earlier post and I...
- Algebra 2 - I've got some homework about ellipses and I am not sure if I am ...
- math - An ellipse and a hyperbola have the same foci, $A$ and $B$, and intersect...