Posted by HM on Sunday, October 30, 2011 at 2:24pm.
1. (Points: 2)
The bank will not (lend, loan) money for home repairs.
2. (Points: 2)
My allergies sometimes cause me to (loose, lose) my voice.
3. (Points: 2)
Please leave the report on the desk, and either John or (myself, I) will pick it up.
4. (Points: 2)
The (principal, principle) earned almost no interest last year.
5. (Points: 2)
The parade (preceded, proceeded) down Main Street in spite of the rain.
6. (Points: 2)
The small workshop was full of large (stationary, stationery) tools.
7. (Points: 2)
We were (suppose, supposed) to meet the mayor at the reception.
8. (Points: 2)
(They're, There) are twenty-four computers in each English lab.
9. (Points: 2)
Let the doorman know when (you're, your) ready to leave.
10. (Points: 2)
I would like to know (who's, whose) jacket this is.
- EnglishCheck - Ms. Sue, Sunday, October 30, 2011 at 2:31pm
1. Both are correct.
Numbers 4 and 6 are wrong. The rest are correct.
- EnglishCheck - HM, Sunday, October 30, 2011 at 2:36pm
How are 4 and 6 wrong?
- EnglishCheck - HM, Sunday, October 30, 2011 at 2:37pm
4 is Principal because it is as a sum of money
and 6 is large "stationery" tools
- EnglishCheck - HM, Sunday, October 30, 2011 at 2:39pm
How can the tools be static ?
- EnglishCheck - Ms. Sue, Sunday, October 30, 2011 at 2:50pm
Sorry, I was wrong about 4. However, 6 is stationary because the tools don't move.
- EnglishCheck - HM, Sunday, October 30, 2011 at 2:55pm
The first one was wrong.
and that is harsh because I know I should depend on my self but this should be a legitimate site and you should not confuse students like this.
I changed 6 because I suspected you would be wrong again.
I went wrong on my last test because you told me I was wrong, and I was really confused.
This is very disappointing. You all are supposed to HELP us, not misguide us further.
- EnglishCheck - HM, Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at 7:47am
I hope you did not disregard this message !!!
- EnglishCheck - Jason, Sunday, June 24, 2012 at 4:21pm
#1. is wrong, the correct answer is lend.
- EnglishCheck - Anonymous, Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at 6:19pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Civics - Which of the following scenarios would be most likely to cause a small ...
- Finance - (15 points) You have been living in the house you bought 10 years ago ...
- Math - You need $200,000 to buy a new home. The bank offers a choice of a 30-...
- Math - 1. Rishi ram obtained an installment loan for $3,000.00. He agreed to ...
- Mathematics - Jake's car needs repairs but he is short of cash. A payday loan ...
- Math - You need to borrow $20,000 to buy a car. You can only afford to make ...
- home economics - Janet Home went to Citizen Bank. She borrowed $7,000 at a rate ...
- Math Help!!!!! - 4) Jim has been offered a substantial cash discount if he pays ...
- Physical Education - If a player serves two faults in a row, he or she will ...
- Urgent! Help please! - On January 5, Ebony Davis borrowed $6,500 on a simple ...